Sunday, November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...

My birthday presents this year included:
The Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns
The 2006 Knitting Pattern-a-day Calendar
and the Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle set.
Hooray!!!!
I had read various opinions on the Denise vs. the Boye set and had decided to go with Denise, though for the past several months I've been using a few individual Boye pieces that I'd bought at Hobby Lobby... WOW are the Denise ones better! They weigh less and the cables are so flexible! It's a billion times easier to work with them than with the Boye ones! Plus, the cables don't have to SCREW into the needle tips, and so they also don't screw out. Plus they're easier to get a grip on--the aluminum of the Boye needles is so hard to hold firmly while I try to screw the stupid little cables in, and it would be kinda nice to get some leverage on the needles themselves...
so anyway, that's my two cents.
I'm currently working on a case for Rachel's GB DS, and I'm using some Moda Dea dream that I grabbed at H.L. for a discounted price (missing the labels) and OMG this stuff is SO FREAKIN' SOFT that I definitely need to make something for myself out of it. Yummy yummy yarn.

No comments: