Thursday, August 30, 2007
I finished these socks quite a while ago, but only recently have gotten around to taking a picture. I used the turkish cast-on, found at Fluffy Knitter Deb's blog. I worked in beaded rib stitch and followed the heel instructions as found in Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. As might be expected, the second one turned out better--the toe was less tight and heel moreso. As my feet are wide at the toe and narrow at the heel, these changes were welcome, but the first sock is still usable and quite comfy. I haven't really worn socks for several months now, as warm weather makes anything but my Birkenstocks seem a silly choice, but I'm sure they'll get plenty of use this winter. Maybe under my Birkenstocks.
Posted by anja at 2:24 PM